Message delivered May 24th, 2015 during the morning services.
The gospel is still "the power of God unto salvation" (Romans 1:16). In today's text, Luke provides a snapshot of Jesus' ministry, showing us three things we can expect to see in an empowered ministry.
- The PEOPLE being REACHED. (vs. 17)
"They were diverse ETHNICALLY and SPIRITUALLY."
- The CORE ("the twelve"; apostles)
- The COMMUNITY ("disciples")
- The CURIOUS ("great number of people")
- The NEEDS being MET. (vs. 18)
- They came to be TAUGHT.
- They came to be HEALED.
- They came to be DELIVERED.
- The POWER being DISPLAYED. (vs. 19)
Posted on Sun, May 24, 2015
by Howard Harden