Luke 3:1-14, Pastor Howard Harden
Message delivered January 11th, 2015 during the morning services.
John the Baptist prepared for the earthly ministry of Christ by preaching a message of repentance. In this morning's Scripture, we note three lessons about the nature of repentance we must still heed today.
- The MESSENGER who PREACHED repentance. (vs. 1-2 & 4-6)
- The ABSOLUTE NECESSITY of repentance. (vs. 3)
- The QUALITY of GENUINE repentance. (vs. 7-14)
- Genuine repentance is more than REMORSE.
- Genuine repentance is not about ANCESTRY.
- Genuine repentance YIELDS FRUIT.
Posted on Sun, January 11, 2015
by Howard Harden