The Danger of Moralism
Message delivered April 10th, 2016 during the morning services.
Much of today's preaching is about man improving upon himself to become acceptable to God. This is called "moralism" and it is a false gospel. In today's Scripture, Jesus shows us why moralism is so seductive and dangerous.
- Moralism FOCUSES on the EXTERIOR. (vs. 24-25)
- "The gospel is not BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION."
- "We don't need IMPROVEMENT. We need TRANSFORMATION."
- Moralism LEAVES you EMPTY. (vs. 26)
- Moralism IGNORES our greatest NEED. (vs. 27-28)
Posted on Sun, April 10, 2016
by Howard Harden