The Hardest Love of All
Message delivered June 7th, 2015 during the morning services.
Of all Jesus' teachings, none pose so great a challenge as His command to "love your enemies." In today's Scripture, we seek to understand the full force of these words by examining them from four angles.
- The COMMAND Jesus ISSUED. (vs. 27a)
- "Loving your enemies is not an EMOTION to be ELICITED, it's a COMMAND to be OBEYED."
- The INSTRUCTION Jesus GAVE. (vs. 27b-30)
- "We model this love by what we DO and by what we ENDURE."
- The PRINCIPLE Jesus APPLIED. (vs. 31)
- The RATIONALE Jesus OFFERED. (vs. 32-36)
- "Loving our enemies SETS us APART."
- "Loving our enemies LEADS to great REWARD."
- "Loving our enemies IMITATES GOD."
Posted on Sun, June 7, 2015
by Howard Harden